progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#165 by iceman_ca
Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:13 pm
Hi All:

our office runs Acad and Acad Lt version from 2005 to 2007. Recently I tried introducing ProgeCad. It appears it was a mistake.

I now have 40 Drawings that were originally created in Acad worked on in Proge, and saved as 2004 ACAD verisons. So far So good.

Now the Problem, I can't open the files in any verision of Acad. Sometimes they will load (very slowly) but they will not plot. Sometime they will no load at all.

In both cases the error reads this:
!dbspace.h@401: ePermanetlyErased

Has anyone gone through this and found a fix.

Regards
#166 by caddit
Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:38 am
Hello iceman_ca,

There is something wrong with your drawings. But I don't think this problem is unique to progeCAD. AutoCAD users have also experienced similar errors with their own software, for example:
http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.j ... ID=5415013

The thread above seems to indicate it might well have something to do with an invalid XREF.

We will need more info.
Exactly what version of progeCAD are you introducing (see "help" -> "about..")?
Do your drawings contain XREF or blocks?
Have you tried to "audit" and "recover" commands in progeCAD first before saving back to AutoCAD?

Can you please run the "status" command from progeCAD on one of these problem DWG files and copy-paste the entire result here so we can see it?

Thanks!

#173 by zoomout
Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:20 am
i have similar problems too. i can't open in AutoCad the drawings i did in ProgeCad. It says "file not valid". I am currently reviewing ProgeCad, i'm planning to buy one but even with the trial version, i'm getting A LOT of problems in xclipping, in working in paperspace, in scaling, etc.
I am having headaches.
#180 by caddit
Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:12 pm
Hello zoomout,

But iceman_ca didn't have a 'file not valid' error. He had a 'ePermanetlyErased' CRASH. Your error is different and normally caused when you try to open a DWG file with the wrong version of AutoCAD. Remember that AutoCAD 2006- versions CAN NOT read AutoCAD 2007+ version DWG which is progeCAD default. You need to choose the correct version using the "save as.." dialogue box.

Otherwise, can you share the information I asked from iceman_ca:

Do your drawings contain XREF or blocks?
Have you tried to "audit" and "recover" commands in progeCAD first before saving back to AutoCAD?

Can you please run the "status" command from progeCAD on one of these problem DWG files and copy-paste the entire result here so we can see it?

I know you are using 8.0.18.2 from another post. You should upgrade to 8.0.18.18.

#184 by zoomout
Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:52 am
thanks, caddit.
i overlooked the save as option. The drawings i did in progecad were saved in AutoCad2007, i saved them now as AutoCad 2004 dwg files.
Thanks again. :D