progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#1824 by Tyson
Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:44 am
Hi, in ProgeCad2011:

Image Fade: Should this fade the image towards black or towards white?
At the moment it seems to fade the image towards black, making it unusable for printing an image underlay to a plan. I am hoping i am missing a setting for this.

UCS Update: Is it possible to automatically update the plan UCS view when the UCS is changed?

Cheers,
Tyson

#1827 by caddit
Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:30 pm
Hello Tyson,

Exactly what raster image effect are you trying to achieve?

What happens if you try to adjust the brightness or contrast settings for the image instead of the fade?

Have you also enabled the transparency control for the image embedded in progeCAD?

#1830 by Tyson
Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:57 pm
I am trying to use images in the background of line work for presentation to clients. EG under laying an aerial photograph under a proposed new boundary layout. I don't want to emphasise the image, but emphasise the linework and just give the image to the client to allow something real to relate the new boundaries to without hiding the linework in a dark image.
I have fiddled around with contrast and brightness a lot which does not give the same effect as Fade does in other intellicad based products.
Fade in other intellicad products (and autocad) fades the image towards white when printing. Where (at least in my case) printing a faded image darkens the image towards black when printing obscuring all my pretty linework.

The transparency switch has no effect on the fade.

In my opinion the fade works as expected on screen (with a black background, since you want the image to fade towards black on a black screen while drafting. But you want the opposite for printing, since you are printing onto a white background, hence you want the image to fade into the white background of the paper.

#1832 by Tyson
Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:04 am
Any more follow up on this issue?

#1835 by caddit
Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:03 pm
Yes,

We can confirm that this behaviour of the "fade" button will change in the next version of progeCAD,

Due to be released in a matter of weeks.

#1837 by Tyson
Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:31 pm
thanks, will await this new release.