progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#1817 by Hicksy
Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:06 am
Hi there. I have just been thrown into the deep end with no knowlage of the CAD programs! I can draw Lines & Boxes but thats about it.
I will be drawring basic 2d templates of Machinery Glass windows!
Could someone please tell me how to put Radius Corners on a Square using Fillet. I have tried but no joy! Putting in Degree angles will be my next adventure!
Please Help

#1819 by caddit
Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:42 am
Welcome Hicksy,

How are you creating your square? Using the "RECTANGLE" command?

What are the dimensions of your "square"?

What is the RADIUS setting for your fillet?

#1823 by Hicksy
Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:03 am
Hi
Yes at the moment I just use the Rectangle & write what the dimensions & radius are.
But I will be doing diferent shapes with different size radius.
The radius settings I have no idea about sorry. I type in a number in comand when it asks & try clicking the edges but nothing happens.

#1828 by caddit
Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:23 pm
Hello Hicksy,

This would be basically the same procedure as in most versions of AutoCAD or AutoCAD LT. We will walk you through one step-by-step example, hope this helps.

First in progeCAD, get an idea of the dimensions of your current drawing window. Just take a second and move your cursor around in the drawing area long enough to see the X and Y deltas change (status bar at the bottom):

Doing this just gives us a quick idea if we have enough room in the current view or if we should zoom in/out. Now, type in the "rectangle" command at the COMMAND PROMPT (at the bottom) or click the RECTANGLE icon in the DRAW toolbar:

Many companies use a standard origin for start geometry, so we will now draw our 100 x 100 box at X20Y20Z0. After starting the RECTANGLE command, the command line will ask you "<Select first corner of rectangle>". I type in "20,20". For the other side I type in "120,120":

Note, If you do the command but only see a little "spec", or nothing at all, just re-zoom to "all" by hitting "Z - <enter>" and "A - <enter>" (zoom all)

Now enter your FILLET command, again READ YOUR PROMPT. It will say:
Code: Select allFillet (radius=0):  Radius/Settings/Polyline/<Select first entity>:

NOTICE the RADIUS here defaults to ZERO (no fillet). To change the RADIUS value, type "r" and ENTER (which is shown by its uppercase listing on the command prompt as the shorthand for changing this setting). Now type "20" and ENTER. The RADIUS value on the prompt should now be "20".

Select your two fillet sides, fillet is created as below:

#1831 by Hicksy
Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:15 am
Thank you! That has just made life heaps easier for me.