progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#1807 by caddit
Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:56 pm
Welcome markl,

Just so that we can confirm, is the image below what you are trying to accomplish in progeCAD?

In this case we have two circles drawn, intersecting at tangent. progeCAD 2011 ESNAP had no trouble picking up the inetrsection point, as you can see.

How are your circles intersecting? Are you sure that they are really co-planar?
#1808 by markl
Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:14 pm
Hi

Thanks for your response.

I am drawing various triangles by drawing the line at the base and then by drawing a circle at each end of the base where the diagonal of each circle equals the length of the side. Where the two circles overlap or intersect that formss the third corner of the triangle. I am having trouble Esnapping on the intersection of the circles so that I can draw the triangle.

In normal use I have a number of various options selected for Esnap e.g. endpoint, intersection, centre, point, midpoint etc and Esnap will not grab onto the intersection while I am trying to draw the lines. What I have found is that I have to do is to switch off Esnap and then only select intersection, however that is very time consuming. I was wondering if I was doing something wrong or if there is a better way to do it.