progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#1736 by evo
Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:34 am
I am using an up-to-date version of progecad 11 and am experiencing an unusual problem. I cannot see the drawing on the last sheet if a file contains multiple drawing sheets. I open the drawing, which opens in model space, showing the various views, as well as the "World Coordinate" icon. When I open the first sheet the view is zoomed right out and I cannot see the drawing itself, just some lines which are the very bottom left hand corner of the drawing - I also see a triangle with a square within and the letters W & X. I can use my scroll wheel to zoom in and see the drawing. Any subsequent sheets behave the same until I get to the last sheet. The last sheet shows the same lines (bottom left of drawing), but does not show the triangle symbol, and I am unable to zoom in using the scroll wheel. If I double click on the sheet, the triangle coordinate symbol appears and I can now scroll in, however the sheet and drawing views are corrupted and don't display properly. These particular drawings are coming from a designer who uses Rhino and then exports to autocad for his 2Ds. All his drawings have been fine until about 2 month ago. Help appreciated. Andrew

#1738 by caddit
Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:16 pm
Do you regularly run the "audit" command on your drawings before you save them?

Does "audit" report and errors with your file?

How many layout sheets are in the is file?

#1740 by evo
Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:55 am
These are drawings sent to us from an ouside contractor, so generally speaking we don't need to save these drawings. We view and print.
I ran "audit" on the drawings that have been affected (6), with 50% showing errors, the others no errors. I allowed one audit to fix errors, which adversly affected the drawing.
Generally the number of layout sheets is 1 - 4. It is always the last sheet that is affected. An interesting observation, if I open the drawing into model space, and open the last sheet first, it will open normally and so will all other sheets. If I open a sheet prior to openning the last sheet, I cannot see the last sheet when I go to that tab.
#1741 by evo
Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:31 am
Hoping the Caddit moderator or other users may have some insight the issue I have described in my last two posts? Andrew

#1742 by caddit
Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:28 pm
I allowed one audit to fix errors, which adversly affected the drawing

This drawing CAD file is corrupted. You can try the steps which have been outlined on this forum before:
1) Try saving the file as an earlier version DWG
2) Try to copy and paste the entire model space to a blank drawing and save.
3) Try diffferent cobinations of the above.
#1745 by evo
Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:58 am
I've tried the outlined steps with no success. The drawings open and display normally in autocad. The problem appears to have something to do with extents and/or printing extents. I really need some direct help on this so an expert can see exactly what we are experiencing. Is it possible to send some sample files or share screen with a skype call so that this problem can be solved. We have 10 licenses of progecad 2011.
Regards, Andrew