progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#1698 by Laura
Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:01 am
How can I display the width and depth dimensions on the shapes I have drawn? I am unable to view the dimension readings on shapes when double clicking in the right hand corner, as previously used. Does this property change in viewing properties or snaps display? thanks.

#1699 by caddit
Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:39 am
Welcome Laura,

Are you looking for the properties palette? Maybe you turned it off, you can turn it back on by pressing CTRL + 1 at the same time.

I am a little confused when you mean "as previously used". Do you mean previously used with progeCAD or another CAD software?

#1702 by Laura
Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:07 pm
Hi There,
It seems to have been turned off somehow, as I was using this property at the start of the cad drawing. It was a function that showed the width and length of a rectangle/ shape when double clicking on the corner.

Also, when i type 'd' enter, it brings up the Dimension Style Manager window as opposed to letting me type the width and length of the rectangle.

Any ideas?

Thanks

#1708 by caddit
Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:04 am
Dear Laura,

This sounds very much like you are comparing progeCAD with another CAD software system. For example 'd' is the standard alias for the DDIM command, this behaviour is normal. You actually have to be in the rectangle command, after picking your first point you can then use the "d" key to prompt for height and width. This is the same in AutoCAD.

Also, in progeCAD (and in AutoCAD) rectangles are created as polylines.

As simple closed polyline-type entities, they have extra implicit attributes of what you perceive as "width" or "depth" - just perimeter, area (if polyline is closed) and deltas beween corners like all other polylines.

They just look like squares :)