progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#148 by rj
Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:39 am
Hi,

Hopefully a problem that has been discussed and solved previously.

Used autocad previously with CTB print tables and drawing borders printed at a reasonable thickness. Am now trying to use the same CTB tables to print in ProgeCAD and borders are printing very thin.

Have changed default lineweight (lwdefault) to a thick 1mm and have set (in explore layers) all layer lineweights to default. Have also edited the print style pen assignments (CTB file) and set "lineweight" to equal "entity lineweight".

From this, I was expecting to get thicker borders when printing out using drawing templates. But, still getting very thin lines. Has anyone got a solution to this?

Last resort will be to edit by layout templates, convert all lines in titleblocks to polylines then increase thickness this way. Have quite a few layout templates and dont want to spend the time doing this if I dont have to.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
#151 by Kapr
Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:44 am
rj wrote:Have also edited the print style pen assignments (CTB file) and set "lineweight" to equal "entity lineweight".

It's difficult to say without exploring Your drawning. Could You post it somwhere?
IMHO If lineweight in CTB is set to "entity lineweight" it should depend on Layer setting, if objects itself have lineweight set to "bylayer".
#152 by caddit
Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:51 am
Hello again.

Did you remember to check the setting "Print lineweights" in the "Advanced" settings tab before finally clicking "Print" in the printing/plotting dialog box? It is in the help, and here is a picture:

Hope that helps.

#154 by rj
Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:02 pm
Thanks. Thats what I was doing wrong.