progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#1544 by studoc
Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:09 am
After playing with the aliases section of the customise dialog box for a few days, I find that some commands are unavailable to me, currently it's, COPYBASEQUICK. in autocad we can edit the pgp file to add or subtract commands and aliases, is there a file that can be edited in progecad...?

#1547 by caddit
Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:35 am
Hi,

See Tools -> Customize -> Menu... -> (click the Aliases tab)

See your F1 progeCAD help for "Customize Aliases" or the online help topic here:

http://help.caddit.net/progecad.php?kb=ICR_3-C40

progeCAD aliases are stored in registry (per user, per profile) and should not be changed directly except via the interface described above.

#1548 by studoc
Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:47 am
Yes.... I've seen all that, which is why I asked the question....
So, you're saying there is no way to include aliases for commands not included in the "available commands" list of the customise dialog box......?

#1550 by caddit
Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:58 pm
studoc,

The trick in that case is to create an alias file to import. Here is an example we will call CK.ISA:

Code: Select all[IntelliCAD Custom Alias File]
   nAliases=1
[Alias-0]
   Alias=CK
   LocalCommand=COPYBASEQUICK
   GlobalCommand=_COPYBASEQUICK

In the ALIAS tab there is an IMPORT button - browse and import the above textfile. Change and edit to taste.

#1552 by studoc
Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:07 am
Well done, I never would have found that, this program has so many secrets....

I'm nearing the end of my demo period, have managed to get a lot of things to work, no result on a couple, generally can work in Progecad, but very unpredictable results in opening dwgs produced by Progecad, back in autocad.....