progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#1518 by studoc
Thu May 26, 2011 7:45 am
Okay, have managed to get most things working, in fact, most of the custom menu I managed to load (ex ACAD) also works. But, I am unable to get the layer creation part of my custom menu to fire up..

I didn't write this menu, but have amended it here and there, it does many things for me, perhaps the largest part of this is loading the layers i need, from pull down menus.

While the menus are available to me in Progecad, the program won't create the layers...

I have snatched a piece of it for display below, for eg. layer "S-18", there are four variations shown here, you can see how all the settings are designated in ACAD. Does anyone know how I can get this to run in Progecad...?

[--]
[->General]
[BACKGROUND]^C^C-COLOR;BYLAYER;-LINETYPE;S;BYLAYER;;-LAYER;M;BCKGND;C;254;;LW;0.05;;LT;CONTINUOUS;;;PEN
[->S-18]
[S-18 cont]^C^C-COLOR;BYLAYER;-LINETYPE;S;BYLAYER;;-LAYER;M;S-18LN;C;8;;LW;0.175;;LT;CONTINUOUS;;;PEN
[S-18 hidden2]^C^C-COLOR;BYLAYER;-LINETYPE;S;BYLAYER;;-LAYER;M;S-18LN-HID2;C;8;;LW;0.175;;LT;HIDDEN2;;;PEN
[S-18 hidden4]^C^C-COLOR;BYLAYER;-LINETYPE;S;BYLAYER;;-LAYER;M;S-18LN-HID4;C;8;;LW;0.175;;LT;HIDDEN4;;;PEN
[S-18 center2]^C^C-COLOR;BYLAYER;-LINETYPE;S;BYLAYER;;-LAYER;M;S-18LN-CEN2;C;8;;LW;0.175;;LT;CENTER2;;;PEN
[<-S-18 center4]^C^C-COLOR;BYLAYER;-LINETYPE;S;BYLAYER;;-LAYER;M;S-18LN-CEN4;C;8;;LW;0.175;;LT;CENTER4;;;PEN

cheers,

Stu.

#1519 by studoc
Sat May 28, 2011 3:04 am
Tricky one.......

Forums are extremely useful of course, but does anyone know how to contact the company that wrote the program...?

Everyone knows that Autocad is written by Autodesk, Progecad seems to be Intellicad, but it has a different name in every country....

Am thinking that if I could ask the developer, this would all come to a hasty conclusion, this is really my last hurdle....
Stu.
#1527 by caddit
Tue May 31, 2011 8:01 am
studoc,

Not that tricky, only the commands listed by semicolon in your progeCAD menu need to be actual runable commands and option names.

For example, the -COLOR slang needs to be changed to _COLOR (runable internationalized command) - - substitute all "-" command prefixes for proper "_" command prefixes and you may see that these menus work much further.

After that you may need to tweak the command series for specific progeCAD behaviour, for that please see the command options listed for each command the menu runs and adjust for the desired behaviour.

In progeCAD 2010 .MNU files only proper &^C_...;'\ syntax characters are supported. Please see pp. 62 - 80 of the progeCAD customization guide "Tailoring progeCAD" for more information about creating & editing custom menus in progeCAD:
http://www.progecam.com/cad/progeCAD/Tailoring-progeCAD-2009.pdf

Hope that helps.

#1534 by studoc
Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:57 am
Yes..that does help... i see from the customisation guide how these commands work, I haven't managed to tailor my menu though, as it all falls down on the "LAYER" command.

When this entry in the macro is read by progecad it cheerfully opens the layers dialog box, which is what I wanted to avoid by using a custom menu: i want the menu to create the layers I need..

How does one create a new layer in progecad from the keyboard..? these are the commands I need to mimic in my custom menu...

Stu.

#1535 by caddit
Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:24 am
Oops in the case of LAYER you WILL need to use the dialogue cancellation:
-LAYER (yes with minus, just this one - forgot about the explorer)
instead of _LAYER

For more help with the LAYER command use F1 key or see link below:
http://help.caddit.net/progecad.php?kb=ICR_E-L385

The LAYER command structure is very similar to the one used in AutoCAD for many many years.

#1537 by studoc
Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:31 am
Bingo.....javascript:emoticon(':D')

It runs, there a few other issues to master around all of this but the macros run... Thanks for all that...!

Stu.