progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

Are You using Layouts?

Yes, creating and using
100%
Yes, using if created by someone else
No votes
0%
No
No votes
0%
What is it?
No votes
0%
#137 by Kapr
Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:46 pm
When I try to resize viewport I was used to snap definition corner and move it for specified length to new position. (As works in AutoCAD). In ProgeCAD when select point, is as a reference point for tracking used point in opposite corner of viewport. So, writing one number do not move selected point in specified length and direction, but in direction from point in opposite corner.
I was absolutely confused until I realize it. Progecad behaves in that case mistakenly. Tracking is not done from selected point, but from illogicaly used point at opposite end of view's diagonal.
Autocad works in absolute different way. There is another ability. ACAD allows snapping to points of viewport and to points of objects in viewports too. It is very useful, when i am creating exactly defined border around objects in viewports (in paperspace units). Or for positionnig and aligning viewports.
P.S.
Usualy I've done Undo and drawning gets repositioned as described in previous posts.

#153 by progesoft
Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:28 pm
This is a bug and we will fix it in one of next releases

#174 by zoomout
Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:27 am
same with kapr.
i think he's having troubles in english (by his previous posts) but i can understand him nonetheless.
The mview box gets re-positioned when you undo in the paper space. It's kinda difficult in tracking the extent of your 'undo-ing' with the views shifting from time to time. you have to zoom or pan yourself and go find the layout and see what has been undone.
i have the latest progecad installed (8.0.18.2).
#179 by caddit
Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:57 am
i have the latest progecad installed (8.0.18.2).

The latest is 8.0.18.18. Not that it would help you with the layout problem. As progesoft already said it is a known bug and will be fixed in an upcoming release.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

#186 by zoomout
Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:55 am
i see.
i'll go find the updates.
thanks, caddit! :D