progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#1377 by beej67
Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:57 pm
I can't find this anywhere in the help file. When I go to select stuff, and pass over a dot hatch, it grinds my computer to a halt trying to auto-preview the hatch selection. I just want to turn the dang thing off. I know where it is in AutoCAD (tools - options - snapping) but it's not there in progecad.

Help?

I'm not talking about fly-over snapping, where it shows you where the end point is in advance. I'm talking about the thing where it lights up different entities as you pass your cursor over them.
#1380 by caddit
Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:39 pm
Hello beej67,

In progeCAD this setting is controlled in Tools -> Options (or the "_config" command) -

- click the third tab at the top of the progeCAD Options box "Display"

- Toward the bottom of that page is a setting called "Selection Preview"
(This is commonly called dynamic entity selection in many systems)
You can choose to "light up" different entities as you pass over them either:
  • All the time (even when "no command is active")
  • When a command is active, or
  • Never (unselect both options)

I hope this helps.

#1387 by beej67
Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:06 pm
Absolutely helps. Thanks.

Unrelated: how do I rig it so rightclick is the same as enter or spacebar?
#1390 by caddit
Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:08 am
Hello beej67,

You can configure the progeCAD right mouse button to either use the new context menu or revert to the classic AutoCAD-style enter/spacebar behaviour - either when entities are selected or not - again in the progeCAD Program Options:
  • Open the progeCAD Program Options menu either with the _CONFIG command or Main Menu -> Tools -> Oprtions...
  • On the "General" Tab (front tab) see the "Advanced Settings" at the bottom
  • Unclick / uncheck "Enable Context menu On Right Click" for either when entities are selected or not.
  • By unchecking these options progeCAD reverts to the older classic AutoCAD like behaviour of taking the RMB to emulate the ENTER key / Space Bar.

Does this help?