progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#1350 by intheusa
Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:19 pm
WIN PRO XP2 CORE2DUO 2G-mem ProgeCad 10.0.10.8

Bug using multi-line text and TTF font, not sure of reaction with shx font.

When using the text window before editing don't have text window over the text in the drawing partially. Never tested when text window is placed over the entire text in drawing.

I will lock up your program (progecad) and you will need to shut down using task manager. This occurs often enough and will cost you time from your last save. My solution is just to remember to drag the text box somewhere else on the screen.

What I think happens is the text box closing and redraw on the screen has a closing order conflict in the software.

#1351 by intheusa
Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:27 pm

Bug saving the paper space setting (paper size).

I have a 2D fairly simple drawing with MODEL, and two PAPER space tabs. Everything seems to save OK, but never keeps the paper size on 1st PAPER space tab. It always defaulted back to letter size.

Solution
I found that by closing the Default Drawing opened when progecad starts 1st and then save my drawing it kept my paper space settings.

Now many might just close this default all the time, but since it didn't get in the road I have a habit of just leaving it open.
#1353 by caddit
Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:55 am
Hello intheusa,

Thank you for reporting.

You do realize that a lot of small fixes were delivered in progeCAD 10.0.12, right? :)

I am unfamiliar with the problem of the mtext window crashing as you describe but maybe someone else has repeated this?

Some other fixes were made regarding the default templates as well - a believe bits of this were also fixed in 10.0.12 if not mistaken, maybe give upgrading a try?

#1359 by intheusa
Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:26 pm

Model / paper space issue

Lineweight in model space displays correctly using the LWT switch, but not in paper space.

Is their a switch that makes it so, or is this just a bug ?

#1360 by caddit
Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:07 am
Hello intheusa,

May I ask why you choose to continue on with 10.0.10.8 instead of taking advantage of the free progeCAD upgrade to 10.0.12 for current license holders?

#1361 by intheusa
Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:53 am
I'm a seasoned user of software and operating system, and have did some programming in my day. Not all updates work well or break other things.

When one comes to rely on the way something works or even depends on it, well lets say others can test the new release 1st. Besides the new release has been out less than a month.

In reference to lineweights in paperspace, is this behaving differently in version 10.0.12.4
#1362 by caddit
Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:51 am
Hello intheusa,

LWT switch works fine for us on our 32-bit lab machines using progeCAD 10.0.12.4.

I understand your viewpoint about upgrading but not sure if I agree with it. Generally speaking most progeCAD updates are very good to have, and only in very very isolated cases do they actually break something for someone that was working in previous dot release. It is very rare. Dozens of small fixes and optimizations are made in every update of progeCAD Professional - some in the software itself, some in documentation, some in third-party libraries and default user files.

Just in case -ahem-, it is good practice to keep the previous full version installer in archive during any test period needed to satisfy someone about the reliability of the latest update.

Bear in mind CADDIT works directly with members of the development team, and we know first-hand there are GOOD REASONS for each progeCAD update released. They are also tested according to a suite of scenarios before each release.