progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#1343 by colpal
Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:34 am
This AutoCAD system variable (Display Silhouette) doesn't seam to work in ProgeCAD. Is there something similar I can use in ProgeCAD?
#1345 by caddit
Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:35 am
Hi colpal,

DISPSILH seems to work on some cards when you re-shade the screen, and only with 3D solids (not wire mesh objects it seems). Remember that progeCAD 3D graphics are not quite as advanced as those in AutoCAD, so here is an example of what you can do:

Here is a basic solid 3D sphere drawn in progeCAD Professional:

Set DISPSILH to ON and run the SHADE command (notice the 3D silhouette outline IS displayed):

If you engage realtime rotation using CTRL+LMB you may need to (R)edraw and SHADE again to see the silhouette once more.

Related variables supported by progeCAD 2010 are facetres isolines and viewres.
Last edited by caddit on Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

#1346 by colpal
Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:27 pm
When it comes time to print the solid, how do I prevent the curves from showing?

#1347 by colpal
Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:33 pm
i.e. I wish the mesh to be suppressed when the solid object is hidden for printing purposes.

#1348 by colpal
Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:44 pm
The help files I have say that DISPSILH is "Not Impemented".

#1352 by caddit
Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:43 am
Hi colpal,

In this case the solution has nothing to do with DISPSILH, at least not in progeCAD. Follow the general principals outlined HERE. Given the simple 3D solid model of one cylinder with another smaller cylinder boolean "subtracted" from its center as so:

We achieve the layout view you seek by setting the "Visual Style" Property of our viewport border to "Hidden Line" and set ISOLINES to 0 (zero). This will remove all "mesh" lines as you call them and only display the silhouette of the model:

Please note that there is a known bug with the "Hidden Line" display mode that sometimes gaps will appear in parts of the silhouette outline. We are working on this, but as a work-around you only need to slightly move/rotate/re-zoom the model using the mouse buttons (double click INSIDE a viewport to activate it first - double click OUTSIDE its border to go back to master workspace)

#1357 by colpal
Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:48 pm
Thanks for that. It works good.