progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#1277 by Lu
Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:22 pm
I'm trying to assign properties to my leaders, for instance, arrow size.
The properties box does not even show this property. Changing the size of the arrow in Dimension style dialog doesn't do anything.
I must be missing something!
#1279 by caddit
Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:58 am
Hello Lu,

Actually the properties ARE displayed if you know what to look for, and how AutoCAD (hence progeCAD) really works in this regard...
In a 30 second nutshell:

1) New text styles (font, height, etc) are created using the FONT command, and given a name.

2) A dimension style is created to define arrowheads, offsets, etc and saved with a new name using the DIMSTYLE command (or SETDIM), using font styles defined by the previous command.

3) Set the desired DIMSTYLE as current and create your leader. You can also change the style of an existing leader by selecting the dimension style in it's properties dialogue.

Another way to look at it:
FONT -> DIMSTYLE -> LEADER

Note you can OVERRIDE any DIMSTYLE by applying changes directly using DDEDIT, but in general you should be using proper Dimension styles defined as above.

Note you can also change the overall scale of any dimension or text size via the DIMSCALE system variable.

This is part of our basic CAD training class.