progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#1204 by ellie
Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:30 am
Hi , i have just tried to upgrade to the newest versionof progeCAD 2010 professional .... but the program will not open now
i get this message
system error loading
"C:\Program Files\Print3DCorporation\Print3D for progeCAD\Print 3D_progeCAD.dll" (998)
any ideas about what i can do
i have tried to uninstall & reinstall but get the same issue
#1206 by caddit
Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:20 am
Hello ellie,

Print3D_progeCAD.dll is not actually a part of progeCAD. It is a seperate third party add-on for another company's rapid prototyping services in India. If you want, you can uninstall it safely as follows:

Stop progeCAD

Control Panel -> "Add or Remove Programs" -> uninstall "Print3D for progeCAD" (or so similarly worded). This is NOT the progeCAD PDF printer, which most users would choose to keep..

Then open NOTEPAD and edit C:\Program Files\progeSOFT\progeCAD 2010 Professional ENG\icad.sds and delete ONLY the full line containing the path to Print3D_progeCAD.dll
(like C:\Program Files\progeSOFT\progeCAD 2010 Professional ENG\Print3D_progeCAD.dll)

Close notepad, Restart progeCAD and the error should be gone.

#1210 by ellie
Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:45 am
hi , i tried that & it seemed to help for a day but the program has become very unstable & keeps shutting down or not opening at all . i think i need to uninstall & reinstall again . are there problems with repeated uninstall & re-installs ? where is the best place to download the program again - just in case my copy has become corrupted somehow .
thanks
#1212 by caddit
Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:19 am
ellie,

go ahead and download the latest full version of progeCAD using the download link on this page here:
http://www.caddit.net/progecad/progecad.php

This page will always have a full-version installer of the latest release, including minor upgrades.

When you edited icad.sds MAKE SURE that you only removed that one line for print3d LEAVE ALL OF THE OTHERS there. If you changed anything else in the file you will have problems.

Remember when you re-install, print3d will get re-installed as well...

#1213 by ellie
Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:53 am
whoops - seem to have totally wrecked it .tried to do a system restore as well but its all gone south ! i have reinstalled progecad 2010 & can sometimes open up a drawing but as soon as i try to print, the program closes itself . i will attempt to find out what has gone wrong but am not holding my breath . it seemed to go pair shaped when i installed windows xp updates & progecad updates .

#1214 by caddit
Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:37 pm
That can happen if you mix files from slightly different versions of progeCAD.

Best for your re-install as follows: remove progeCAD completely using "Control Panel" -> "Add Remove Programs" and then delete the folder:
C:\Program Files\progeSOFT

Perhaps reboot, then log in as administrator. Install progeCAD as usual.