progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#1182 by sen
Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:50 am
Hi All,

I am using ProgeCad 2010. I have completed a drawing in model space and insereted customer supplied title block drawing in paper space. Open few view ports to get the drawig details from model space to paper space. My problem is customer has their company logo in their title block drawing and when I insert it logo get distorted beyond recognition. Note: Even when I opened customer drawing the logo apperes slightly distorted. I copied and pasted it outside the of the drawing boundries of the title block drawing then the logo apperes correctly.

Futher unlike other occations when I have inserted customer title block, I could edit all title block text on the drawing itself. But this time it is not allowing any editing. Therfore I have edited the title block text seperatly and save as a new file and inserted it to my drawing. Now evertime I open the drawing some text is out of place.

Could you point me in to tutorial or some way of fixing this problem please?

Reagrds
Sen
#1186 by caddit
Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:32 am
Hi Sen,

It sounds like several problems with the title block itself, can discuss one by one:

unlike other occasions when I have inserted customer title block, I could edit all title block text on the drawing itself. But this time it is not allowing any editing.

Are you loading it using a DWT drawing template? Is this title block part of a DWG block or proxy object? What type of entity is detected in the properties palette or list command when you select the title block?

Make sure that you are working in the master layout workspace and not within one of the viewports (do you have an oversized viewport?)

My problem is customer has their company logo in their title block drawing and when I insert it logo get distorted beyond recognition. Note: Even when I opened customer drawing the logo apperes slightly distorted. I copied and pasted it outside the of the drawing boundries of the title block drawing then the logo apperes correctly.

Sounds maybe like graphics bug from either overlapping blocks or proxy objects, but unfortunately the problem is too ambiguous for an immediate answer...

How old is the title block - what CAD program does it come originally from? Is this title block holding an image, a shape, another nested block inside it or just draw geometry?

Of course, I trust that you already ran the standard "audit" and "purge" commands to check for data errors that could be resulting in random display errors?

In case of DWG data corruption, you might want to check the tips posted here:
http://www.caddit.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1179#1179