progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#1164 by maffer
Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:54 pm
Hi, I've just downloaded Progecad 2009 smart. I've drawn some lines and dimension them in model space. If I stretch the line the dimension is associative. But if I dimension it in paper space the dimension is not associative.
Is there a way to solve this? I want to have the geometry in model and dimensions and text in paper space.

Regards,
#1165 by caddit
Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:35 pm
Hi maffer,

The behaviour you describe sounds the same as when a person specifies a manual text value a dimension rather than leaving it associative to the distance between the extension lines. Did you happen to specifythe dimension text?

Otherwise, I'm not sure what would be the case with progeCAD 2009 Smart ... I know that progeCAD 2010 fixed a lot of bugs maybe this was one?
#1168 by caddit
Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:18 am
Hi maffer,

I believe the paper space dimension you are trying to change will only update if you include the extension line of the dimension itself in your selection set you are dragging moving or changing.

From your image it seems you are expecting the dimension to update simply because the space object you measured changed.
#1170 by maffer
Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:35 am
>>From your image it seems you are expecting the dimension to update simply because the space object you measured changed.

Yes, the thing is that with AutoCAD is like that so is a very powerful issue.

Regards,