progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#1153 by Jon72
Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:16 am
I am getting a continuous issue where Progecad will crash when saving or running autosave. Sometimes it will create a .sv$ file, but not always.

The error log comes up with the following message:

2668 Prj\lib\DRW\DWGdirectWriter.cpp 0 Unknown Error Creating an Invalid Block *Model_Space

I have tried purging all of the unused blocks in the drawings affected.

I have been unable to locate the DWGdirectWriter.cpp file anywhere.

Any clues?

Cheers

Jon
#1154 by caddit
Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:42 pm
Hello Jon72,

Sounds like you are actually having problems with a specific file that is crashing, correct? What happens when you run "audit" on the file? are there any errors detected?

*Model_Space and *Paper_Space are special blocks in progeCAD. These system blocks store inactive drawing workspaces in memory while the active workspace (model or layout) is temporarily exploded for editing. This is the case in both AutoCAD and progeCAD, and is part of the basic DWG file structure, and normally is completely unimportant to the end user.

We should probably ask where the CAD file originally came from, how it got to be corrupted. If the problem is not file specific there is an outside (way outside) chance that it could actually have something to do with a printer that you are using.

#1157 by Jon72
Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:28 am
I ran 'audit', but there were no errors detected.

The file was created from a template (including blocks) I use for creating process flow diagrams - the template was originally created way back in the dark days around 2003 using Acad 2000.

I have opened a blank drawing and copied the contents across - I'll see if that fixes the problem.