progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#1125 by sen
Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:13 am
Hi there,

I am usning latest version of Progecad in Windows XP machine. I have started a drawing and after few hours all lines and even cursor went crooked (all lines are staggered). Any help to fix will be much appreciated.

Sen
#1126 by caddit
Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:52 am
Hi sen,

We are talking about "straight" actually as in "horizontal" and "vertical" (all lines are straight :) ), correct?

First make sure you refresh your screen. Now, by the behaviour you describe, my bet would be that you somehow rotated your drawing view in 3D space, which makes everything in the drawing appear "skew" (including the cursor). With progeCAD 2010, this "dynamic 3D rotation" can be called just by holding down the CONTROL key and dragging the left mouse button in progeCAD "space". My guess is that you did this by mistake.

Try this: progeCAD main menu ->
"Views" ->
"3D Views" ->
"Top"

This menu-macro uses the viewpoint command to re-orient the drawing and cursor back to a default orthogonal viewpoint, "top" is looking down on your drawing from "above".

3D views are much more useful when we are actually using progeCAD for 3D design.

#1150 by sen
Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:36 am
Hi,

I followed your instructions and it worked. Thank you very much. :D

Regards
Sen