progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#1115 by Richard Relph
Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:09 am
Load Errors

497 Prj\lib\DRW\DWGdirectReader.cpp 40 Object of class AcDbRegAppTableRecord can't be cast to AcDbDictionary. Error: Not that kind of class.

1122 Prj\lib\DRW\DWGdirectReader.cpp 50 Object was erased

Save Errors

4044 Prj\lib\DRW\DWGdirectWriter.cpp 5 Invalid input
I have for some time been receiving the above error messages which mean i lose text when saving an imported drawing. Any suggestions as i have to reimport the drawing and start again
Progecad 2009 Vist Business software
#1116 by caddit
Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:31 am
Hello Richard Relph,

Is this an AutoCAD DWG file you are importing? DXF? PDF? DO you know what CAD system was used to create the file you are "importing"? What happens when you run audit and purge then try to save the file back as a version 2004 DWG instead of the default format?

Just as an expirement if you have an extra PC you can try downloading the latest version of progeCAD to see if the issue is any better..

#1118 by Richard Relph
Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:24 am
the problem occurs when importing a drawing from AGI 32 lighting design software which saves the drawing as "RealDWG 2007. all works ok until the drawing is saved when these error messages appear and text is lost when the drawing is re opened. This means i have to re import the drawing and add borders etc again. it dosn't happen every time.
#1119 by caddit
Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:15 am
Hello Richard Relph,

Just curious though what happens when you run "audit" and "purge" first on these DWG 2007 files from AGI32? Are there any errors found?

Also did you try exporting other DWG versions from AGI32 into progeCAD (like RealDWG 2004) and see if the same drawing still creates the same problem for you?

Since LightLab International and Autodesk seem to be separate entities, the problem may well also be a problem with the AGI32 implementation of Autodesk's RealDWG toolkit. All DWG toolkits do require some level of customization to "couple" DWG import / export to their software.

#1121 by Richard Relph
Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:58 am
"audit and purge" have no effect it appears that once the text is gone it is gone. i will try saving 2004 on my next project

#1130 by Richard Relph
Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:33 am
Saving in 2004 format no good it is in fact worse than 2007 should i bring this to the attention of AGI?

#1242 by Richard Relph
Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:33 am
I have sent sample DWG and a PDF which shows what the drawing should look like. i have also sent these to AGI32. i can send you the AGI file if required. you can download a 30 day free trial if you want
#1252 by Richard Relph
Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:31 am
AGI 32 gives an option for using standard auto cad fonts whic h i have started to use. I have noticed today that problems start after i have expolded the block for editing purposes. If that is a further clue. AGI 32 has an up date and they have suggested I give it a try which I will

#1259 by Richard Relph
Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:05 am
more info the blocks in AGI 32 are luminaire symbols. AGI32 is working in 3D. so it could be that a project has in excess of 100 Luminaires. Just for youe info I have today installed 2010 on 2 machines and possibly the problem has gone away I hope. Any further info would be appreciated.

#1265 by Richard Relph
Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:55 am
2010 software appears to have overcome the problem. :D one little item which is a bit annoying i reqularly get a blank page when printing PDF or normal. the solution is to exit the software and come back in and the printing is OK. any suggestions?
#1266 by caddit
Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:47 pm
Hello Richard Relph,

I am glad to here that this issue is closed for you.

If you are having another problem, maybe it would be best to start a new topic.

Please give all details regarding OS, printer model & driver version, printing configuration (i.e. spooled or not, custom plot table? etc) if you choose to start a new topic for the printing problem.