progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#1108 by Lu
Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:52 pm
How to select drawing entities which are in the same space as a raster image: for instance, when tracing over an aerial view, when I try to edit my lines, the raster image gets selected, even after changing the drawing order. In other words, the drawing order does not stick.
#1110 by caddit
Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:11 am
Hello Lu,

What version of progeCAD are you using to edit your drawing? How did you insert the raster image in the beginning - using progeCAD Professional image tools or just using the Windows clipboard?

We tried it both ways here and can't reproduce the problem in progeCAD Professional 10.0.6. Entity order changes as expected.

When you change the sort order between the image and your CAD geometry, how do you go about it? What kind of CAD geometry is sharing the same area (lines & circles or hatches and dimensions)?

#1268 by Lu
Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:19 pm
It turns out that the problem occurs when the image is an Ole. So I'm just using jpegs or tiffs and no problem.
Thanks.