progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#1107 by 10augustus
Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:32 pm
Progecad is not working with my (old) epson stylus 3000, printing takes hours ! other progranms have no difficulties..... what can be the problem ?
#1109 by caddit
Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:35 am
Hi again 10augustus,

Hi let me confirm, is this your printer?
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/WideFormat/WideFormatDetail.jsp?infoType=Overview&oid=-12021&category=Wide%20Format%20Printers

Sorry, but to understand what's going on we are going to need more information.

Are you getting really big spool files in your print queue when you print from progeCAD (like 100+ MB!) when you print? Do you know how to check this?

Have you tried changing the print queue settings to "Print Directly to Printer"(no spool file) - just to see if it makes a difference? Does progeCAD also seem slow when printing to its own PDF or JPEG printer?

I notice first that the Epson 3000 is a postscript-compatible printer. Are you using a postscript driver for printing? Which one? Since progeCAD prints raster images instead of font-defined text like Microsoft Word or email, you need to make sure bitmap compression in available and enabled in the Advanced Settings of the printer options.

Is this printer directly connected to the PC or are you using it over a network? Are you using the USB to parallel port adapter? What OS are you on?

Are you using the latest version of progeCAD?

#1178 by 10augustus
Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:35 pm
Sorry it took me some time to answer again, I changed the printer settings to "Print directly to printer" and that solved the problem.

Thanks again