progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#1012 by FLOEHRIE
Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:14 pm
Yes, the saving works in both.

But the zoom is causing problems in paperspace. Sometimes it works and somtimes it doesn't and the program gets stuck or crashes?

Any ideas?

I would like to think it is not me. I used to be able to do all that in autocad97.

But...

#1013 by cad-assist
Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:08 pm
I think you need to work through basic training or spend a fair bit of time in the manual that comes with the software as a big PDF file (750 pages of it). No CAD system can be used without training - you'll always have problems. Z

Zoom in paperspace works in either the paper mode or the model-in-viewport mode, but differently. It's vital to always be aware whether you are working on the paper surface at 1:1 scale or on the 2d/3d model through the viewport. The UCS icon shows whcih is in use - it's an X-Y (&Z) icon in modelspace and a triangle thing in paperspace. Double-click in a viewport to go into model mode; double-click outside it to go to paper mode. Zooming in the viewport modelmode effectively changes the viewport scale, but uncontrollably. Best to lock it once the scale is set to a sensible value in Properties.

There aren't any bugs with zooming that I know of. If it causes crashes it must be either a corrupted installation, hardware faults (graphics boards can be a problem) or the result of operation that causes impossible situations. I suggest you do a course or at least download the 'Inside progeCAD' book from the CADDIT website. I am about to publish a basic training book that I will be using in my courses, and that will be on sale for download on my site, but it's not ready yet. There are usually several ok ways of doing any one thing in AutoCAD & progeCAD, but usually also some ways that are really wrong or lead to trouble.