progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#955 by 10augustus
Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:09 am
Hi,

I'm more or less novice, so sorry if this question is not relevant, but can anyone tell me how the "snap to parallel" works ?
Tried out al help pdf's etc , google .. name I searched it, but no word about "parallel snap" . nowhere.

Can anyone help me please ?

Thanks,
Danny
#960 by caddit
Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:39 am
Welcome 10augustus,

progeCAD eSNAP to parallel works very similar to AutoCAD oSNAP parallel, with a few differences:
  1. "For now" it only works when most other "linear" eSNAP options (endpoint, center, etc) are turned OFF (eSNAP -> settings)
  2. "For now" you need Polar tracking OFF but eTrack ON (in status bar - see circled in red, image below) for parallel eSNAP to work
  3. You need to wait for the small eTRACK marker "+" to appear on the entity you want to draw parallel to (see along left line in picture below). This means hover on the entity for 2 seconds (default setting). We may be able to adjust ETRACKDELAY in the future.
  4. At that moment a phantom line will appear from the point which you started your LINE command, along which you can draw parallel.

#961 by 10augustus
Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:19 am
Great !
It works , quite simple if you know , but hard to find out yourself !

Thanks A lot !!!

Danny

#1622 by Tyson
Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:42 am
Hi,
This feature is great in AutoCAD, and i wish it was as good in ProgeCad. Is there any chance in improving (shortening) the delay time with the snap yet?

Additionally, does ProgeCAD support the "extension" snapping to a line, similar to the Extension snap in AutoCAD?
cheers,
tyson