progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#915 by Ronnie Gilchrist
Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:57 pm
On Progecad 2010 when I hatch an area with for example 400 x 400mm slabs (with a 'User Defined' double pattern) and I specify the 'Hatch Origin' by picking at a logical point, it hatches exactly the way I want it.

After I save the drawing and return to it, the hatch changes to whatever the hatch pattern would have been if I had not specified the 'Hatch Origin' at all.

Its probable something I am doing but any ideas how to solve this problem?
#930 by caddit
Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:23 pm
hi Ronnie Gilchrist,

I am not aware of an issue in this regard, I trust you run the typical drawing checks, audit, purge etc?

Is this a hatch in model space, paper space or both? Which pattern are you using?

Is it possible to send a sample drawing to us at:

#932 by Ronnie Gilchrist
Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:15 am
I have used a 'User Defined Hatch' In Modelspace,
'Spacing' 1000, 'Angle' 0, 'Double',
Using 'Hatch Origin', 'Specified Origin' with all various options.

The hatch is created perfectly starting from the 'Origin' picked with a 'Endpoint' 'Object Snap'.
But when I leave the dwg and ProgeCAD and then return to the dwg then the hatch returns to what is now shown (as per other hatched area) with its start point not on the 90 degree corner.

As Landscape Architects all we want to do on this is have the ability to hatch from a specified point which stays that way once its finished.

I will attach the dwg to an email as I could not see any way of attaching on the posts?

Regards
Ronnie Gilchrist
#1021 by Ronnie Gilchrist
Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:36 pm
We are now using the latest version of Progecad 2010.

Having looked at this problem further I have found that the 'Hatch' 'Origin' always returns to the World Coordinate System 0,0 position after saving and then going back in. I was wondering if there is some variable which can be changed to turn this off?

I have also attached a couple of PDF's to an email to be sent, showing the hatch pattern the way we want it from our selected origin and after saving when it reverts to 0,0. Also included is the dwg file.

Have you been able to duplicate the problem at all?

Cheers

Ronnie Gilchrist
#1028 by caddit
Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:13 pm
Hi Ronnie Gilchrist,

Well, this was checked by our support and verified, forwarded to the manufacturer support and passed to the developers from there.

It's a bug :(

Its now on the list to be fixed at some point...

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.