progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#893 by caddit
Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:25 pm
Welcome John Simmonds,

progeCAD 2007 ... hmmm lets see (we are about to release progeCAD 2010 version BTW)..

To reset all progeCAD toolbars to default in progeCAD 2007: From the main progeCAD menu at the top of the window -> "View" -> "Toolbars" -> "Customize" -> "Reset"

I.e. this should first open the "Select Toolbars" dialogue box. Click the button there that says "Customize". This opens another box where you should see a button to reset the toolbars at the lower right.

Later versions of progeCAD have a separate tool for this, but essentially the result is the same: all toolbars (including the The Layer Control, Color Control and Line Weight Control dropdown boxes you describe) are set back to original manufacturer positions.

I think this is what you are after..
#895 by John Simmonds
Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:09 am
Thanks for the reply, the "Customize" window does not have a "Reset" button. John
#897 by caddit
Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:20 pm
Hello John Simmonds,

Sorry, quite right. At that time I think that progeCAD had to be exited, the local settings actually had to be removed by hand, then automatically rebuilt as defaults the next time that progeCAD was restarted.

Is it possible for you to:
a) close progeCAD Professional 2007
b) Open Windows Explorer (the system file browser)
c) Rename C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\progeSOFT\progeCAD 2007\R7\PRENG
to
C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\progeSOFT\progeCAD 2007\R7.OLD\PRENG.OLD
d) Restart progeCAD 2007

progeCAD will determine that this is a new user profile and "re-copy" all system defaults to this user's configuration. If there are problems, you can always copy some of those old folder contents back (i.e. templates etc) into the new user configuration that was created - or even get rid of the new configuration and rename the old one back.

Take some care doing this, if in doubt about renaming files directly using Windows Explorer you may need your IT department to assist just with this step.
#898 by John Simmonds
Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:32 am
Thanks for your reply, caddit, but there are no folders "R7" or "PRENG" at that address or on my system. John
#900 by caddit
Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:28 pm
Hello John Simmonds,

Be sure to substitute <user name> with your own PCs login / profile name (i.e. what you log in the PC as)

If these folders still do not exist, then you might have to rename the directory C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\progeSOFT

to

C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\progeSOFT.old

But this will affect ALL progeCAD installations on your system, not just progeCAD 2007. If you only have progeCAD 2007 installed then this is probably OK.
#903 by caddit
Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:14 pm
Hi John Simmonds,

Hmmm... OK. Then rename the Application Data subfolder back to the way it was before and try this then..
I didn't think that progeCAD 2007 already had this shortcut but double check - does your progeCAD Start menu folder include a link called "restore toolbar and menu" -- maybe in a Utility subfolder?

Close progeCAD and click that if you do. If not browse to your progeCAD 2007 installation directory using Windows explorer and run "regcad.exe" manually.

Sorry, its difficult to remember back this far :)
#904 by John Simmonds
Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:08 am
caddit, regcad.exe - that did it. And I noticed, that when I imported a custom toolbar the only way I (it seems) to import is to uncheck the "Append to existing toolbars" checkbox. With all the toolbars now visible, I saw that unchecking that box caused all of them to disappeared.
Now at one time, both the default and the imported toolbar remained visible together so something has changed - but now, I'm happy, I'll just recreate that toolbar. I appreciate your help, John