progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#865 by acrit
Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:47 am
Hi there,
I am trialling progeCAD 2009 and have a few questions in relation to the functioning of 2009.

1. I have several lisp routines that I used from Autocad however so some reason progeCAD 2009 will not run them. It seems to load ok, but the program 'shuts down' on me with 'Closing Program' errors. What can I do to get the Lisp routines to work as I really need them to work.
Do I need to store the Lisp routines in a special place?

2. In Autocad 2009 and 2010, there was a function that allowed a leader and text to be joined together, easily edited via properties box and can have multi-leaders attached. I'm finding that the leader option in progeCAD 2009 is quite difficult to use and was wondering, does progeCAD have a better way of adding in leaders and ensuring the text is in the middle of leader, not underlined? Not sure how to edit the leaders in progeCAD.

Any Tips??
I'm starting to get use to it now and seems to be relatively user friendly.

Regards
acrit
#867 by caddit
Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:12 am
Hello acrit,

Thank you for your kind general comments about progeCAD.

About AutoLISP programming in progeCAD, some things to check initially:
1) progeCAD doesn't yet support Visual LISP. Does your "AutoLISP" routines include calls to vl- functions? These are still exclusive to AutoCAD for the most part. Other things that I have found can crash sometimes in AutoLISP is incorrect formatting and improper I/O calls (i.e. "file not found") If you like we can have a look at one of your libraries and advise further. You can zip it up and email to:

About text leaders in progeCAD, can you please be more specific about how "the leader option in progeCAD 2009 is quite difficult to use "? In your opinion, how does the progeCAD version of this command differ greatly from that of AutoCAD? Also it would be good to know which version of AutoCAD that you are comparing it too.

#868 by acrit
Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:13 pm
Thanks for the reply,

I think you are right. The lisp routines I am trying to use are creating tables, isolating layers and moving text from model space to paper space. Maybe these lisps are exclusive to autocad only...bugger. Can I alter the lisp routines to suit ProgeCAD 2009? Do you want me to send these routines to you? I use these routines all the time so if I can alter them, that would be fantastic and save me so much time with large subdivision setout tables etc...

In terms of leaders, Autocad 2009 and Autocad 2010 is what I'm referring to. On the toolbar options in autocad, you can select 'Leaders' to be on your toolbar and it has multiple options to select. In ProgeCAD 2009 is I'm not sure how to edit the leader to be in line with the middle of the text etc....where is Autocad 2009 and Autocad 2010, all the editing options for the text and the leader are in the properties box. In Autocad, when you move the text, the leader will follow and vice versa. However I'm finding that this is not the case in ProgeCAD 2009, which can be sometimes a bit frustrating aligning the text with the leader. ProgeCAD 2009 leaders is what autocad 2007 and 2008 use to have, but autocad seem to have upgraded the leader feature in 2009 and 2010 which is certainly for the better, and saves so much time.
No problem, I can still use how ProgeCAD has it for now. Maybe as an upgrade for later ProgeCAD programs.

Thanks Caddit, talk soon.
#873 by drawit
Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:29 pm
Hello acrit,

May I ask for help please ?

Quick check your version to see how accurate ProgeCAD is.

I am using ProgeCAD 2009 Smart. I am trying to learn how to draw lines using surveying units. I enter Units command and for angular units put in 5, then when it asks me angle 0 direction <0> I put in E. Actually I have tried it several ways and also changed the measure angles clockwise to counterclockwise but nothing works. I can get N to be Up but West to the left keeps listing as East. Is this a bug or does ProgeCAD 2009 Smart not allow this to work on purpose ? I do not think it is a UCS problem because I made sure it was set on World and I can see the Icon and x is to the left and Y is up.

Also I have tried setting the angular units command using decimal. Under units I tell the software I want angle 0 to be 0 and it accepts it. Then when I go back into units again to check it, Angle 0 direction is 0.09125233.

If I draw a line and type in the angle to be 0 it draws it 0 and lists it 0. However if I draw a line with ortho on and snap off, the line lists as 0.09125233. And if I type dim ang and dimension between the two I get 0.09125233

Are these bugs or is ProgeCAD 2009 Smart made this way on purpose ? Does the professional version work any better than this ? I asked a CAD expert author and he said this sounds like a bug. If so we need to get this fixed immediately.

I sure welcome any help with this you can give !!!