progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#832 by Eric Holmes
Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:17 am
:( I recently received building plans which I need to access and edit.
In sending a file through for comments I was informed the the file was missing entities.
I have just duplicated the procedure receiving plans from an entirely different source and the results are the same.
If I delete a hatch or close a layer, all the actual drawings disappear.
How do I overcome this problem
#833 by caddit
Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:06 am
Hello Eric Holmes,

Welcome.

In sending a file through for comments I was informed the file was missing entities.

Send a file from where to where? Which CAD system is your contact using? What entities are missing? Does your drawing contain xrefs?

If I delete a hatch or close a layer, all the actual drawings disappear.

That sounds like everything tied together as a block or xref. We will have a look when you send the file.

I have just duplicated the procedure receiving plans from an entirely different source and the results are the same.

So it sounds like you are receiving your drawings in from one source program, editing them and then sending them out to another. Is this correct? What are your "audit" and "purge" command results of these files when you first get them, please? What software are they all using?