progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#831 by Eric Holmes
Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:29 pm
:( Why is it that some text disappears after editing and will only reappear when I refresh or do a regenerate. This can be time consuming when editing a lot of data.
#834 by caddit
Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:20 am
hello,

Please run "audit" and "purge" first on this drawing and post the results. May I ask:

1) What graphics card you have
2) What version progeCAD you use? (9.0.28.10 is the latest)
3) What font are you using for text? Is this single text or multiline text? What is the font size?
4) Are you using Vista?

I might help already to send a sample drawing to:

Thanks.
#836 by Eric Holmes
Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:56 am
Here are the requested details as per below.
Audit of my drawing shows no errors.

Graphics Card: ATI RADEON HD 2400 PRO
Progecad version 9.0.28.10
Font type Times New Roman
Windows type XP

I am also having difficulty downloading a full external file.
Audit unable to read the external Ref; file title block.

If I download an external drawing by another author I have tried converting....

If converting the following entities are unsupported...
ACIS Solid
Multiline text.
Proxy entities on layout
Proxy with single entities

The file only shows 'Auto Cad' as the source.
Some files. I can never edit an external drawing.
#837 by caddit
Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:47 am
hello,

There sounds like several problems.

Audit unable to read the external Ref; file title block

I am not sure, but do you have the path to the folder containing this (these) XREFs included in your progeCAD XREF path (Tools -> Options -> "Files/Paths" tab)

For the your problem with text disappearing, I would like to know what happens when you change the font from Windows font to one of the AutoCAD SHX fonts.

progeCAD does support some of the entities listed in your error, I will need more information.

As stated before, after testing the items above, please then send a sample drawing demonstrating the error(s) with some indication in your mail as to where to look. Attach your DWG file to the email send to:

We will also need copies of all the required XREF files please.

Thanks.

#838 by Eric Holmes
Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:04 am
Thanks for the information regarding the fonts, I changed over to Times SHX and it works well.

My next biggest problem is the opening and working with an external drawing. I will try drawing from from a different source and see if that fails as well and get back to you.