progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

What is most important about progeCAD to you?

Read and write native AutoCAD files reliably
20%
AutoLISP and VBA programming support
No votes
0%
3D ACIS modeling or 3D rendering
20%
Converting, printing or plotting DWG files
10%
Speed, reliability and ease of use with large files
30%
Good support, tutorials and good documentation
20%
#95 by caddit
Sat May 03, 2008 5:45 am
The new CADDIT progeCAD 2008 has been sold on the CADDIT CADstore for a few months now. Although progeCAD 2009 is a long time away, developers are already drawing up an agenda for new features.

This thread is everyone's chance to ask for something new (not really for bugs with current features... start another thread for that). What does everyone want to see most added to progeCAD 2009? No promises, but there is a chance that the top one or two most requested might actually be considered :) .

Just reply in this thread with your comments. Or just answer the survey above.
Last edited by caddit on Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
#138 by Kapr
Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:58 pm
Please add more features:
- Copying Layouts
- Mouse Drag and Drop
#141 by plans2go
Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:33 pm
double click on text to start modify text command

thanks
#142 by caddit
Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:07 am
Kapr wrote:Please add more features:
- Copying Layouts
- Mouse Drag and Drop

Hi Kapr, no one was really sure exactly what you want to do. Can you be more descriptive?

double click on text to start modify text command

We understand this request. All I can say is that it will be considered ;)
#143 by Kapr
Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:01 pm
Requests for enhancements are refered to ProgeCAD Explorer
Kapr wrote:Please add more features:
- Copying Layouts
- Mouse Drag and Drop

My Request is to add functionality that's in AutoCAD Design Center to ProgeCAD Explorer. Amongst more incompatibility issues as not saving changes in properties (color,LW,LT) on selections of many layers, there is some lack of functionality when compared to ACAD's Design Center
1) Copying Layouts
Layouts are not displayed in ProgeCAD Explorer at all. In ACAD's Design Center it is possible to drag and drop Layout from one Drawning to other.
2) Mouse Drag and Drop
In ACAD's Design Center it is possible to drag and drop layers, blocks or anything else from any drawning to current. Ie if I drag block, I can place it in model instantly asked for insertion point. It seems, that in ProgeCAD Explorer works copying through clipboard, but that is not so easy and intuitive.
#239 by Multi600
Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:13 am
Can we please make it compatible with the Space mouse 3d controllers.

Thanks

Mike
#260 by Kapr
Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:16 pm
plans2go wrote:double click on text to start modify text command

Properties allow to do the same, but with less productivity. I'd prefer ACAD's _ddedit too.
Please
#551 by caddit
Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:32 am
Welcome jauncarloscortes,

Thank you for your kind comments. progeCAD tried a Linux version in the past, but despite the big talk there wasn't enough actual buyers to pay for further development. Plus it is really difficult because much of the advanced AutoCAD functionality we emulate is deeply embedded with Microsoft APIs.

Actually we still sell a decent native CAD system for Linux called VariCAD. Just this year they improved their 3D parametrics support, I think in some ways (3D mechanical design) it is perhaps better than progeCAD.

You can read about it HERE if you really are looking for a good CAD system for Linux. Otherwise, my next choice would be Pro/Engineer Wildfire.