progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#789 by zoomout
Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:22 am
One very useful feature i can't seem to use in ProgeCAD is the "inferencing".
It's generally guides without really making lines, just by hovering through an endpoint, you'll establish somewhat like a grip to help in projecting.
Same with the ESNAP, i can't seem to get the size of an unknown radius because the "center snap" doesn't show. It's usually when you try to measure the size of a filleted corner with a radius. i have no problems with the perfect circles though.
Thanks again!
#798 by caddit
Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:01 pm
Hello zoomout,

First, sorry progeCAD won't be offering these inferencing guides, at least in the next version.. But being a keyboard man like you have expressed, I'm sure your still OK with @100<90..

ESNAP/OSNAP "center" does work for arcs in progeCAD as well, but it's use seems to require a certain view scale relative to esnap aperture & entity radius. You might have to increase the size of the snap aperture setting in progeCAD as well (ESNAP button -> right click "settings" -> click "flyover" and look at the "snap marker" size).

Here is an example that works with your favourite entity - a fillet between a LWPLINE and a normal line :) This was the lowest scale I could seem to trigger progeCAD "center" esnap using a snap marker value of "6". Please note the relative zoom required to make it work and the radius of the arc involved:

It's one of those little things that just might take some practice to get used to? Also it should be noted that ESNAP - center does not work for arc segment of a pline entity.

#808 by zoomout
Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:07 am
[quote]Here is an example that works with your favourite entity - a fillet between a LWPLINE and a normal line Smile This was the lowest scale I could seem to trigger progeCAD "center" esnap using a snap marker value of "6". Please note the relative zoom required to make it work and the radius of the arc involved[/quote]

i still can't fillet a line and a polyline, with or without radius. i tried zooming in and out and re-generating the drawing but nothing happens.

i got the center ESNAP though. :D i was trying it on a polyline arc, that's why i don't see the "center" marker. but anyways, do you guys consider adding that feature? i mean the center ESNAP on an arc segement of a pline?
Thanks again Caddit, you're right, it's gonna take some practice and a little time to really get used to progeCAD and its features, but i'm glad it really functions like AutoCad so the change wouldn't be that drastic, i think.
Thanks again. :D