progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#788 by zoomout
Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:13 am
I guess i've already posted the same query before, but are there no patch yet for this bug?
It happens when i try to fillet a line and a polyline, nothing happens unless both lines are polylines or both are just plain lines.

#801 by zoomout
Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:54 am
Hello Caddit! Thanks for jotting back!
Yes, i do have the progeCAD 9.0.28.10 installed and i still can't fillet a polyline and a line. It works in polyline to polyline and/or line to line cases but not in a combination of the two.
#803 by caddit
Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:22 am
Hello zoomout,

Just to double check that we have similar progeCAD configuration, what is the value for PLINETYPE in the drawing where you try to do the filleting between the line and polyline entity?

It may be that support will also need to see a drawing. As I said last I tested it worked for me (I even posted a screen shot of it for you in another reply).

#806 by zoomout
Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:21 am
Hello Caddit,

My PLINETYPE value is 1. But even if i set it to 0 or 2, nothing happens.
we tried doing the same on a different computer and we got the same result.
it happens in all the drawing files, even if i create a new document.

#809 by zoomout
Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:05 am
i think i know what the problem is.
Try filleting a polyline and a line whose ends are not joined.
The fillet command works if both of the lines, namely the polyline and the normal line, are joined at their endpoints, creating a corner. By then, they are still two separate entities, when you do the fillet command, they become one. Meaning, the fillet works in this case. Same goes in the case of two intersecting lines, in which one is a polyline and the other is a normal line.
But try filleting two different lines that are quite far from one another, endpoints free. The fillet command will not work unless both of those freestanding lines are either polylines or just normal lines.