progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#786 by zoomout
Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:52 am
I overlooked this one, i was thinking maybe it's just a glitch or something but now i've realized that everything i open on progeCAD 2009 PRO shows a dialog box that says "Invalid DWG Version" and "Only drawing versions 2.5 through version 2009 are supported". and it asks me if i would like to recover the file instead.

Regardless if i click yes to recover or no to abort, the drawing will still open nonetheless. This error message happens about 2-3 times when i open a dwg file. The files i open are AutoCad 2004 and 2007 files, i made sure i re-saved them not as AutoCad 2010 dwg's. After i've opened the dwg in progeCAD and saved them, the same thing happens the next time i open them again.

I just don't know what was that about. And i'd like to know if my files are not getting corrupted and incompatible with AutoCad.
Hope to hear from you guys. Thanks!
#795 by caddit
Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:25 pm
Hello zoomout,

We had one report of a problem going the other way -> from progeCAD to AutoCAD 2010 (not AutoCAD LT 2010), but not one like this. I guess I will have to ask for a copy of the file to be sent to:

Are you using the latest version of progeCAD 9.0.28.10? Do you have errors in your drawing files (you can check them in AutoCAD first using the "audit" and "purge" commands.

Please also paste a copy the text results from those commands in your reply here, if you can please..

#811 by zoomout
Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:22 am
I think this is more of a .dwg compatibility issue, i tried re-saving the .dwg's in AutoCad 2004 format and now they're okay. i used to save the drawing files in AutoCad 2007. Thanks Caddit!