progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#784 by zoomout
Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:11 am
Is there a way that we can edit the "Hatch Origin" when hatching?
Correct me if I'm wrong but I can't find it in the Hatch Dialog Box.
Another thing, in AutoCAD, you can match the hatch pattern and alignment just by the matchprop command, double clicking it and it will align instantly with the source hatch pattern. Is there a similar feature in ProgeCAD?
Thanks!

#812 by zoomout
Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:45 am
To clarify my inquiry, in AutoCad, you can matchprop a hatch pattern by single clicking it (it copies the pattern and the layer of the source hatch pattern), you'll be able to matchprop the hatch location or origin by double clicking on it (it copies the pattern, layer, and the origin of the hatch of the source hatch pattern). It's primary use is in the alignment of the hatch pattern, mainly on the purpose of making multiple hatch boundaries look like one with the alignment of the grains, the alignment of the lines, etc.
But since progeCAD is yet to release the hatch origin feature, i guess it is highly related, and it goes with that same feature i guess. Would be great if you guys can include it in the next release.. Thanks again!