progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#783 by zoomout
Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:57 am
Hello there, it's been a while, i'm back reviewing ProgeCAD.
Just would like to know if the shortcut keyboard commands of turning layers on/off have been modified?
example:
typing FLA, MLF, and THAW don't seem to work in the latest ProgeCAD version.
I understand it can be modified using the Layer Properties but for people like me who relies so much on keyboard shortcuts, are there any modifications/updates to the Layer On, Layer Freeze, Layer Thaw commands?
Thanks in advance!
#793 by caddit
Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:50 pm
Hi zoomout,

If you really need a keyboard alias for this you will have to create one. You would do this by first defining a new LISP command which calls the "-layer" (or -LA, both with a minus sign) command line interface into the layer command and then selecting the freeze/thaw subcommand, much the way the 3d view menu commands in progeCAD already work.

This is actually so easy I can do one for you here. You can add this line to icad.lsp in your progeCAD directory if you want it defined on startup:

Code: Select all(defun c:thaw() (command "_-layer" "_T"))

That's it! There you have your own personal thaw keyboard command coded just for you on progeCAD 2009 :) The other commands you mention would work similarly...

Alias shortcuts for your commands can also be configured in view -> toolbars -> Aliases tab

Let me know how you go with it...

P.S. the layer control dialog is really easy to use, and only takes two keystrokes to call up (LA). Give it a chance :)

#813 by zoomout
Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:50 am
Thanks Caddit! I will try to explore it some more.. :D