progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#780 by ellie
Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:30 am
Hi , i am trying to change the ucs in selected viewports so that they display ' the right way up ' when plotted.in autocad i used ucsfollow & selected an entity of the desired orientation to get the ucs i wanted . this is for 2d drawings where i have a floor plan & draw elevations . i am sure i am being dumb but can you give me some step by step instructions ?
#781 by iCADsales.com
Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:56 pm
What is your worlducs setting set to? Perhaps investigate the UCS settings within the help files to get a better overview of how UCS is established and changed. The UCS can be a tricky concept. It has always been explained using the "left hand" rule whereby if you put your left hand up with your index finger pointing to the sky, your thumb pointing right, and middle finger pointing straight out away from you it is essentially making a UCS and establishing the three dimensions you can work in through progeCAD. So if looking at a plan view of a drawing point your hand straight up with your index finger pointing towards the sky. by using the UCS command options such as x, y, z, to rotate the ucs into the view that you need. Remember, UCS follow does not control the movement of the UCS but the movement of the view when you change to a different UCS. A good idea for those working in specific planes of reference is to create a template drawing with the UCS already established in the planes you will be working in by naming the UCS and saving them into the template to be used over and over again by simply referring to their name to set the drawing (or printing) plane.

Hope that helps! See our progeWIKI for progeCAD commands and developers reference. You can use the search function to quickly find what you need and if you have additional information to add you can turn on the editing to add your comments to help improve the experience for others...