progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#751 by danny
Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:29 pm
I installed progecad and have some problems trying to learn working with it .

In the help file , and the pdf manual some menu items mentioned do not appear on the screen.
for instance ;
-choose view >paper space views
-choose view >layout viewports

Trying to calculate the area of an entity, returns a non specified value witch appears to be the circumference? what am I doing wrong ?

Thanks!
#753 by caddit
Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:18 pm
Hi danny,

The progeCAD 2009 help is undergoing significant update and some things will be changed to more correctly describe the software menus and command enhancements made when we released the new version. This will be a free update for all current 2009 users.

As for the area command, like AutoCAD by default it will calculate the area inside an imaginary polygon you define by a series of points on the screen.

Since you mentioned "circumference", I assume you want the area of a circle entity. For this you need to specify E (entity) mode at the area command prompt. Then select your circle, both area and circumference nicely listed as in AutoCAD.

All of this information is in the manual and context-sensitive help when you press F1 key during a command.

Hope that helps.