progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#727 by nmunoz
Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:21 am
Hi

I've been using ProgeCad for a couple of months now and still cant get over the fact that I can not make use of all the line types available.
So far all I can use is Centre and Hidden.
All the other types are showing as continues.
Even changing the linetype scale (which affects the whole drawing) doesn't seem to work.
To add to my annoyance - If I insert a xref - the linetypes are not recognised at all.

Please help - There must be something Im missing.

Cheers
nmunoz
#731 by nmunoz
Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:16 pm
Thanks for your reply.
I will email a couple of my drawing files to show (or try to show) the type of problem I am facing.
Cheers
#1254 by nmunoz
Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:16 am
nmunoz wrote:Thanks for your reply.
I will email a couple of my drawing files to show (or try to show) the type of problem I am facing.
Cheers

Hi
It's been a while - but I never heard from you again.
I emailed an example of my drawing as requested and had never received any reply.
I am still having serious problem with the linetypes --- I find it very frustrating and annoying - I am making do with what I can access.
I would really appreciate any solution to my line type problem.
#1255 by caddit
Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:23 am
Hello nmunoz,

Sorry looks like this got a bit buried. You didn't answer the previous question here though, if you are using the Standard or Professional version. Linetypes are user-specific, so the first suspect in missing linetypes is not the drawing but your progeCAD user settings and user files (the linetype definition is kept in these).

In progeCAD there is a tool for restoring most settings to progeCAD as described here:
http://www.caddit.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1247#1247

If that does not work you will need to rename your "R10" user folder to "R10.old" as described here:
http://www.caddit.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1250#1250

#1256 by nmunoz
Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:24 am
Thanks for the reply.
Unfortunately it didn't work - My progecad is version 2009 - so the folder R10 does not exist - I've only got R9.
I tried your suggestion anyway and it didn't work :(
I'm open for further suggestions.
Cheers

#1257 by nmunoz
Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:26 am
forgot to mention - it's professional version

look forward to your reply
#1260 by caddit
Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:53 pm
Hello nmunoz,

We went back and had another look at "linetype sheet.dwg". We notice that ltscale is 1000 which is quite high and can make dashed lines appear solid in smaller size CAD files. We change your drawing's LTSCALE setting (via progeCAD command line) to something like '50' most of them come out on the screen OK.

If we change the graphics settings in progeCAD 2010 (Main Menu -> Drawing Settings -> "Display" Tab -> Change Settings for "Lineweights" from drop down menu:
Then tick "Display Lineweights" option
Also helps the on-screen visibility of some linetypes as well.

Try that and see if it helps. Keep in mind we use 2010 version in our labs now, but most of what is listed should still apply to 2009 version.