progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#704 by yarrateck
Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:14 am
I have been getting a lot of inconsistant trim problems,

When I have lines crossing two other lines and want to trim between the lines, the line trims outside the pair insterd of between the lines.

Some times it works correctly other times it dose not.

When the trimming lines atr selected, they are hilighted OK but that dosn't help any way.

Another problem I've found is that the when trying to pick a cross over point it wants to go to an end point no matter who far away. It seems to want a lot of coaxing to get it right.

Please help.

Mike....
#705 by caddit
Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:09 am
Hi yarrateck,

We discussed your experience with a few others and we don't have any reproduceable examples. Often inconsistent UI behaviour with the mouse pick involves system-specific configuration/hardware/OS combo.

What kind of mouse driver/graphics card are you using. progeCAD may have problems with Logitech/other driver specific driver "features" which progeCAD doesn't understand. These may cause selection problems in progeCAD as you describe and are best left disabled.

Otherwise we may need an email with drawing example in question with step-by-step method to reproduce the bug.
#713 by caddit
Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:18 am
Hello yarrateck,

Your file has been tested and you are correct. The exact circumstances of the problem with _TRIM algorithm has yet to be clarified by development staff but we should know soon.

Thank you for this. In the mean time please take the extra precaution of just using the _BREAK command first to clearly define trim to single cutting edge domains. This is how I used to deal with a similar problem in AutoCAD several versions back, as I recall..