progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#703 by yarrateck
Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:31 am
I do CAD work for different clients and keep each client in separate directoried. Typically:-
D:\Alljobs\Client1,
\Client2.
\client 3. etc

I want to be able to start prodgeCAD in specific client directories using normal windows Shortcuts.

This works with all other cad programs but prodgeCAD keeps on going to the most recent client directory.

I've tried different settings both in the Windows Shortcut Window and in the prodgeCAD Options without success.

Can you help me sort this one out?
#706 by caddit
Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:15 pm
Hi yarrateck,

For this you would need to change the start up configuration. There are a few different startup switches you can use to change what directories progeCAD searches and uses by default. Use Profiles to store the settings you actually want to change:

1) progeCAD defaults to first open drawings from the folder from which the last file from the last session was opened before. You can change this behaviour by setting the progeCAD System Variable "REMEMBERFOLDERS" to "Off".

2) The folder which progeCAD _OPENs DWG files from by default is set in _OPTIONS -> "Files/Paths" tab -> "Drawings" (you can edit this field or clear it and use the BROWSE button to select the wanted customer folder).

3) The "Profiles" tab lets the user to Create different Profiles storing the current "Drawing" setting which you can keep changing. Create a different one for each of the different Customer directories you want create shortcuts for.

4) Close progeCAD and create multple progeCAD shortcuts using the "<path>\icad.exe /P <Profile Name>" option to specify which of the customer profiles you want to to start with:

Say we have created two customer profiles "Holden" and "Honda":
One shorcut should point to:
"C:\Program Files\progeSOFT\progeCAD 2009 Pro ENG\icad.exe" /P Holden
The other should point to:
"C:\Program Files\progeSOFT\progeCAD 2009 Pro ENG\icad.exe" /P Honda

Have a go with it, and try with different Option settings see if it does the trick.