progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#697 by GeorgeH
Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:14 pm
I prefer to text and dimension in paper space.
Previously when working in paper space in AutoCad LT I have been able to snap to model space lines but this does not seem to be available in Progecad. It seems that you can only snap to lines in paper space.
Can you confirm that this is the case and if so are there any plans to offer this ability?.

Regards,
George.
#698 by caddit
Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:29 am
Hello GeorgeH,

Sorry about the delayed response, many have called in sick and not coming in to work these first few days in Sydney here...

Snapping to model space geometry works fine for me in model space and layout (paperspace) mode using progeCAD 9.0.24.3. I suggest you make sure that the mview you are trying to dimension in is the active viewport in paperspace, by default the active viewport is the border/ entire sheet window.

#774 by GeorgeH
Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:20 pm
I am trying to snap to lines in model space while actually working in paper space. (ver 9.0.26.6)

This is not working as object snaps are not showing up on the model space lines when I pass the cursor over them in paper space.

I have created one very simple drawing and can get it to work but on other existing simple drawings with a single viewport I cannot get it to work.
Is there some command or setting for setting up either the snaps or the viewports or layers that I am missing?

Thanks,
George
#775 by caddit
Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:13 am
Hi GeorgeH,

object snaps are not showing up on the model space lines when I pass the cursor over them in paper space.

Actually they do show up, but the yellow snap box is very hard to see against a white background. I suggest change the color of the SNAP MARKER in progeCAD to something like red. You set the color of the snap marker box in the last tab of the progeCAD OPTIONS dialog box (the "SNAPPING" tab). You might also change the marker thickness to "2".