progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#693 by yarrateck
Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:16 am
Problem 1>
when I import a file I use for part listing (BOM type), the attributes while list correctly when first importing them, behave strangely when I edit them (ate or ddatte).
Some of the attribute prompts are repeated. As an example the list of prompts should read:
Item No.
Description,
Guantity Reqd.
Material,
Comments.
This is replaced with:
Item No.
Description, *
Quantity Reqd. *
Quantity Reqd. *
Description. * (*items repeated)

This is repeated for each item in the list.

Problem 2.
I noticed another strange hapening with these blocks:- I use several drawings in the one file, each with its own border & title block.

When I move one of the drawings that include copied of the part list block, the second copy of the block appears to move with it.

The second copy does not actually move, the second image dissapears whrn you finish the move command.

It's probably no real problem but it is a bit disconcerting, thats all.
#695 by caddit
Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:18 pm
Hello yarrateck,

I have discussed with our team and we have not had reports of this issue before. You may have found another bug? Please send the file demonstrating this problem to:

We will analyse it. Thanks, and sorry for any inconvenience.
#699 by caddit
Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:32 pm
when I import a file I use for part listing (BOM type), the attributes while list correctly when first importing them, behave strangely when I edit them (ate or ddatte).
Some of the attribute prompts are repeated. This is repeated for each item in the list.

I see now what has happened. This happens using DDATTE on blocks that have attributes with duplicate TAGs. Please try to use EATTEDIT command instead.