progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#656 by seasdes
Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:18 am
Can someone please help me find the Settings menu that is frequently refered to in the Help part of ProgeCAD
Walter
#658 by caddit
Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:12 am
Hi seasdes,

There are several settings commands and various ways to configure progeCAD, ranging from writing a custom icad.lsp file in the progeCAD root program directory to changing progeCAD/AutoCAD system variables.

There are two main commands which you can also look at, both panels control various settings in progeCAD:

"config" command is the general progeCAD interface configuration including external search path directories (for fonts, blocks, xrefs etc) as well as color settings and crosshairs etc.

"settings" command lists a lot of the defaults you will be using in entity creation like color and thickness.

Also, "dimstyle" command is also useful for setting your current text and dimension defaults.
#677 by janama
Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:15 pm
seasdes wrote:Can someone please help me find the Settings menu that is frequently refered to in the Help part of ProgeCAD
Walter

I wish the same info but the reply above is as clear as mud.

I've now realised that this program has a history that goes back to command script computer operation from the dark ages which I've never used. The help system is so chocked up with revisions it's now a mess and is absolutely no help all.

The only way I can operate the program is through trial and error.
still it's more user friendly than autoCAD. ;)
#678 by caddit
Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:23 am
Venting a little are we?

Frankly I am not sure what was unclear in my explaination. progeCAD was created to serve very complex design needs in an affordable way, i.e. because you do not use scripting doesn't mean others don't.

A major update to the progeCAD help system is planned later this year (we have already delivered substantial updates to the PDF manual and two more free eBooks for progeCAD users this year)

Did you actually have a specific question over a certain page of the help file in mind?

#679 by janama
Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:12 am
:D - yes I suppose I was venting as I've been up since 4am finishing off a drawing. But hey - I did say it was better than autoCAD which is probably the most confusing program I've ever tried to learn in my 20 years of using computers. ;)

But thankyou- you directed me to the pdf version of help that I was unaware of, so I'll get straight into it. :)