progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#641 by Richard Relph
Mon May 25, 2009 11:52 pm
On specific drawings i am un able to open as i get a message about buffer overrun which causes the software to exit. Help please now desperate. still having PDF printing problems. Print preview OK but when i vies the result it is a blank page.
#642 by caddit
Tue May 26, 2009 12:44 am
Hi Richard Relph,

Please send the file which you can't open to:

About PDF printing problems, please lsit all the printers which you have installed on your Microsoft Windows Vista Business system on which you are running progeCAD.

It should be noted that our lab in Australia has stopped using Vista because of major problems with other software (not progeCAD) so the manufacturer's lab will follow up with you.

#643 by Richard Relph
Tue May 26, 2009 1:48 am
It is getting very strange. A good client forwards to me drawings in a zip format which is sent from within Autocad using the "E Transit" Command. This apparently does not bind the X refs and he advises that the way to open is to use the "Extract All" command within autocad. if i extract using normal zip extractions and save the drawings and X refs to a folder I get the buffer over run when I try to open the drawing. If however I open the drawing from withon Outlook ot opens ok and i can insert the x refs myself but if I save to a folder the next time I open it back to buffer over run. I will forward a recent e-mail sent to me.
#645 by caddit
Tue May 26, 2009 11:48 am
Hello Richard Relph,

We analyzed the DWG file sent to us, but we see there are a lot of missing xref files (probably contained in the original eTransmit zip file). Were there other files/folders in the eTransmit zip file you were sent? Trying to open this DWG file directly on the hard disk without the other xref files it needs could explain your unique "buffer overrun" error in Vista.

This does NOT seem to be a problem in progeCAD (one that we can reproduce, anyway) but probably comes from how you are opening the file (as you yourself alluded re. outlook). Please now send the original eTransmit zip file to the same email as before so we can check it.

Also - about your blank PDF printing. Please also email us the file HP-A1.ctb (this is the print style you are using for PDF printer according to the DWG file you sent). You just may be choosing an incompatible style setting with the progeCAD-included PDF printer.

We are just a little confused about this discussion compared with your previous posts. On this thread you speak about an "open" problem. But on previous one, "on close". Are these two different problems?
#652 by Richard Relph
Sun May 31, 2009 2:37 am
I think/hope this problem has been resolved. It appears I had a virus. I spent all last week trying to solve and in desperation took my unit to a computer guru who found and removed the virus. Certain drawing files are still giving the buffer overrun problem and he has suggested they may be corrupte. If i still require those particular drawings i will get them resent to me. I will press on with the PDF problem and i note I still get a shut down message and i have been sending the crash reports to you.
#653 by caddit
Sun May 31, 2009 12:52 pm
Hi Richard Relph,

In that case, I suggest some decent anti-virus software.

If you continue to have crash issues with eTransmitted AutoCAD drawing files and still want us to have a look, please remember to email us BOTH your COMPLETE eTransmit file from the customer (zip file including ALL XREFs - we won't look anymore for you without them) ... and also the cbt print style file you are using for the PDF printer if you are having issues with that still.