progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#629 by seasdes
Wed May 20, 2009 2:45 am
I have created a Group. However, now I cannot snap to the end points, objects etc to items that are part of the Group. Snapping to items that are not part of a group work OK
Any ideas pleas.
Seasdes
#638 by caddit
Fri May 22, 2009 1:09 pm
Hi seasdes,

So I do understand correctly this is a progeCAD 2009 Professional problem, and is simply that you are never able to snap to any entity which is part of a group or just lines which are part of a group?

What happens when you create a brand new group in a blank drawing of, say, just four or five lines - does eSnap work normally with the grouped entities then?

Reason I ask is that I haven't seen your problem repeated in the lab. It could be because we are using the latest test version (which you don't have yet) so this might be something that is already fixed in the next free upgrade anyway. Just a though.

#639 by seasdes
Fri May 22, 2009 9:59 pm
Yes I have the latest pulished version of Progecad.
Its not that I cannot snap to items that are part of a group. Its just that snapping is inconsistent ie I can rarely snap to an intersection. snapping to end points is generally OK.
Snapping to items that are not part of a group work OK.
Its a wonder that no one else has reported this problem.
Seasdes