progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#622 by seasdes
Sat May 16, 2009 9:06 am
This is a simpleton question. However, how do I align objects in 2D.
Seasdes
#624 by caddit
Mon May 18, 2009 5:54 am
Hi seasdes,

This works the same in progeCAD as AutoCAD. You align 2D shapes and CAD entities in progeCAD using the align command:

1) type "align" at the progeCAD command prompt. It will ask the designer to select the 2D entity(s) to align in the drawing.

2) Right mouse click (or press enter/spacebar) once entities to be align-moved have been chosen.

3) Match points from the objects to be moved with points from the new vector/alignment desired, (the first point pair will also be used as an anchoring base point) as below. Our demo uses eSnap ON:

One or many point pairs may be specified for different results, but two are required for a vector alignment.

4) After user decides sufficient alignment definition pairs have been defined, press enter/spacebar.

5) "Scale objects based on alignment points [Yes/No] <No>:" normally accept NO unless you also want to scale all selected entity points to match with the destination points. The result from NO shown below:

(if YES was selected, the length of the first rectangle would also be scaled to match the side of our target quadrilateral)

#625 by seasdes
Mon May 18, 2009 6:22 am
Thanks Caddit
Can I use the align command when I want to align a number of notes so that they line up along say thir left side.
Seasdes