progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#605 by GeorgeH
Fri May 08, 2009 10:54 pm
I am a new user to Progecad 9 Pro ver. 9.0.20.2

I cannot get linetypes to print as set up in the screen view.
My drawing is set up with a colour based print style table and I have edited the print style to get the line weights I want and this has worked but I cannot get the dashed and centre lines to print to the scales I want.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
George
#610 by caddit
Mon May 11, 2009 3:53 am
Hi GeorgeH,

About lineweights, this question has been asked before, here are some references:
http://www.caddit.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=46
http://www.caddit.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=125

See please if some of those suggestions work for you first. Thanks.

#611 by GeorgeH
Mon May 11, 2009 4:19 am
Thanks for the reply.
I have got on top of getting the line weights to print as I want.

Have acseparate problem with viewing linetypes.
My drawing has 4 Layouts all looking at the same plan in model space with viewports at the same scales.

Have adjusted linetype scales in the first Layout to display as I want but find the viewports in the other Layouts (which are at the same scale) all dispay the lines as solid. The lines also show as solid in the plot.
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
#612 by caddit
Mon May 11, 2009 5:51 am
Hi GeorgeH,

To display line weights on-screen a different setting is used.
From the progeCAD HELP file:

Do one of the following:
Choose Settings > Drawing Settings.
On the Settings toolbar, click the Drawing Settings tool ().
Type settings and then press Enter.
Type lweight and then press Enter.
Click the Display tab.
Under Change Settings For, click Lineweights.
Select or clear Display Lineweights.
In Units for Listing, choose Millimeters or Inches.
In Default, select the lineweight assigned to layers and entities that use the Default lineweight.

In Adjust Display Scale, move the slider to the scale you want. By default, the slider begins at 1.00.

Click OK.

Here is a picture of the setting being referred to in HELP:

Please try these settings, look for additional information in progeCAD HELP. There is also a search function in progeCAD HELP for learning many different things about what your software can do.

Please tell us if this resolves the problem. Thanks again.

#617 by GeorgeH
Mon May 11, 2009 11:58 pm
Hi,

My problem is now setting the correct linetype scale.

I can set the linetypes to look as I want in one Layout but these lines will not display correctly in other layouts looking at the same model.
Am I missing some basic command to control Layout views?
I dont recall having this problem with earlier versions of Progecad.

I have seached the help file, the pdf manual, references on the ProgeSoft site and forums but had no luck.

Regards
#618 by caddit
Tue May 12, 2009 2:34 pm
Hi GeorgeH,

After discussiong together with developers, we decided in this case it would be best to get a sample DWG so we can analyze the system environment and configuration linked to this behaviour.

Please send a sample drawing demonstrating this problem to:

We will have a look.

#619 by GeorgeH
Tue May 12, 2009 8:16 pm
Thanks,

Sending a drawing now
#621 by caddit
Thu May 14, 2009 3:55 am
Hi GeorgeH,

Thanks for the file. We see this is as a bug.

We have verified this problem and we have submitted it to our development office. It will be solved as soon as possible.

As a work-around for the moment you have to do a "regen" in the viewport if you want to see the drawing correctly.

#696 by GeorgeH
Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:08 pm
Are you able to give any indication as to when a fix will be available for this issue?

Regards,
George
#860 by Ronnie Gilchrist
Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:37 pm
I appear to be having an identical problem with linetypes in different modelviews. It displays and prints fine in one but not in others.

Was this bug ever resolved?

Thanks

Ronnie

#861 by GeorgeH
Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:06 pm
As far as I am aware this issue has not been addressed.

Regards,
George
#862 by caddit
Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:19 am
Hello all,

Thanks for reminding us. It will be mentioned again to the developers.

As stated before, a work-around for the moment you have to do a "regen" in the viewport if you want to see the additional viewport correctly.

#1052 by disegno
Wed May 12, 2010 11:43 am
Hello
Has this issue been resolved for progeCAD 2010 Professional?

I am having simlar linetype scale issues with my trial version of progeCAD 2010 Professional.

Regards
#1053 by caddit
Thu May 13, 2010 2:31 pm
Hello,

Starting out from a new drawing in progeCAD, creating some lines and paperspace viewports it appears that the initial issue has been fixed. Of course you will still need to adjust LTSCALE to change the visibility of linetype display - both in model space and in layout.

That being said there still seems to be some distortion in the layout display of certain combinations of linetype and lineweight when used together. But as for the original bug of not displaying lineweight or line type in layout views at all... we haven't been able to duplicate the error when creating a new drawing in progeCAD 2010.

Perhaps you are describing a drawing originating with the 2009 version?

#1057 by disegno
Fri May 14, 2010 4:26 am
That being said there still seems to be some distortion in the layout display of certain combinations of linetype and lineweight when used together.

Perhaps you are describing a drawing originating with the 2009 version?

The original drawing was created using progeCAD 2009.