progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#68 by Warren
Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:15 am
My query is about the Paths/Files tab within the options dialogue.
There are a number of set user paths, which can be selected and edited. However it is unclear how a new user path can be added, for example a user path called Lisp. Then a location for that could lead to a folder on the hard drive where all the lisp routines are stored.
Is that level of customisation available in ProgeCAD 2008?
#69 by caddit
Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:22 am
What exactly are you trying to achieve by creating 'a new user path name'?

The "User Paths" on this "Options" tab are all editable in progeCAD using the "Browse" button. Paths are separated by a semicolon as in AutoCAD.

Lisp routines are added or removed from a permanent list using "appload".

Addional varibles for various settings can be defined (defun) in AutoLISP and added to icad.lsp as part of IntelliCAD startup.
#1509 by studoc
Wed May 25, 2011 9:09 am
caddit wrote:The "User Paths" on this "Options" tab are all editable in progeCAD using the "Browse" button. Paths are separated by a semicolon as in AutoCAD.

I didn't find that at all.... selecting an item in the list and then clicking on browse button, enables one to go in search of an alternative directory but when you return to the options dialog box, nothing has changed....

In Autocad a user can "add" additional paths, which is what I have done for template, font, script, plot style table directories etc.

I really need to get all this working in ProgeCad to achieve the same functionality I have in Autocad.

What's the procedure...?

Stu.
#1513 by caddit
Wed May 25, 2011 6:25 pm
Hello studoc,

When you browse for the folder you want to add to the path, try to hit the ENTER key when you select the folder you want. Clicking OK doesn't seem to work hmmmm...

Alternatively you can click iin the text field for the option path, and type the added path manually.

When you hit OK the second time to finish working in the OPTIONS panel itself, that works "normally".

Soon we will have progeCAD 2011 anyway :wink:

#1517 by studoc
Wed May 25, 2011 10:51 pm
Thanks, I've managed to get some additional paths in, it's all a bit, MS DOS, but it works...

Stu