progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#564 by darktrooper7
Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:49 am
Just a query on pasting as a block.

If I copy some elements and then paste as block using ctrl+shift+v the block will paste directly but if i use the drop down Edit menu and click paste as block it brings up the insert block menu which means going through all the scale commands etc.

One of the guys who could be using progecad likes his menus rather than keyboard short cuts but is getting the irks with having to go through all the insert block routine every time he pastes.

Can it be changed in the options some where??? Or is there a simple work around to paste it direct via the menus?

#565 by darktrooper7
Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:42 am
Just further to my last post...

I just received the latest update download to ProgeCAD and ive just noticed that they have removed the keyboard shortcut for Paste as Block...wtf!?!?

Like seriously why would they do that?????
#570 by caddit
Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:58 am
hi darktrooper7,

I am not sure why the shortcut was removed, but here is how you can re-create it if you want:

To customize your progeCAD keyboard shorcuts you use the "menuload" command (or select progeCAD MENU -> View -> Toolbars. Or use the "tbconfig" command. Click "Customize..." on the upper right side of this new "Select Toolbars" box.) A box opens called "Customize".

From the "Customize" dialog box select the "Keyboard" tab along the top.

From here it's a four-click procedure to define your own keyboard shortcuts:

1) Click "New"
2) Click the "Press new shortcut key:" field and press the key combination you are assigning (i.e. hold down the shift-ctrl-v)
3) Find "Paste as block" in the list of "Available commands:" and select it
4) Click the "Add Command" button

Then click "Close" at the bottom and progeCAD will save your new keyboard shortcut.

As for your colleague's problem, I am not sure why he is using the "paste as block" if that isn't what he wants to do, or have I misunderstood?