progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#534 by ibnut
Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:39 pm
Hello!

I'm running into an issue with opening up DWG files created with AutoCAD. The DWG contains viewports on select layout sheets. However, when opening the file in progeCAD the viewports are showing up on every layout sheet.

Is there a setting or configuration I'm missing that's allowing progeCAD to create viewports on every layout sheet. I also unable to locate any setting options to disable creating default viewports on new layout sheets.

Thanks for any help!
#540 by caddit
Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:51 am
Thank you for the DWG file of your CAD drawing.

This problem is quite strange. We have done some tests but never had behaviour as in your case. If you open a blank drawing and create some layouts, does this problem happen again?

UPDATE FROM SUPPORT: This problem happened on 9.0.18 when pcad didn't find a viewport in Layout it created a new one. We've already fixed it, with new version pcad will do a new viewport only first time you activate a layout, we'll introduce this fix in next release.

#541 by ibnut
Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:38 pm
Thank you for the response.

Is there an estimated date for the next release?